6 Quotes to Inspire Your Inner Writer
Our voice is one of our most valuable tools. Translated into the written word, your voice has the ability to motivate, influence, educate and more. Even better, writing is useful for almost any profession, particularly in marketing or PR. Writing for a client can encourage customers to use your client’s resources. Writing for a cause can educate readers for the greater good. Writing for yourself can de-stress and motivate you, while improving your skills in both writing and communication in general. We’ve provided you with some of our favorite quotes to inspire your inner writer.
1. “We do not need magic to transform our world. We carry all the power we need inside ourselves already. We have the power to imagine better.” – J.K. Rowling
Coming from the author that created an entire magical world, these words are held true and strong. Instead of wishing for a better, more imaginative world, our creativity has the power to make magic inside of our world and lives, in any type of writing.
2. “Genius is the ability to put into effect what is on your mind.” – F. Scott Fitzgerald
Never doubt the genius in you. One idea fleshed out onto paper can become iconic, whether you’re a born writer or not. All ideas are valuable, but putting them into words and building around them can create something memorable.
3. “There is no friend as loyal as a book.” – Ernest Hemingway
Your piece of writing, whether it’s a tagline for a client, a blurb about a product, or a fully written novel, can become the right person’s go-to piece of work. Words never fade, or are forgotten. They can change someone’s outlook or perspective on life and world. Think about what written piece hasn’t left your side since you read it.
4. “Talent is cheaper than table salt. What separates the talented individuals from the successful ones is a lot of hard work.” – Stephen King
Many people hold a talent for writing, and many do not. Good writing can be taught, giving almost anyone the ability to write well. Commit to your writing and work hard to make it the best it can be, and you could create an iconic piece.
5. “Success is not final, failure is not fatal; It is the courage to continue that counts” – Winston Churchill
We all heard that Dr. Seuss was rejected 27 times before being published. He is now known as one of the most memorable and influential writers of our time. There are also writers who create one successful book, then fall off the map. Neither success nor failure can make or break you, only you motivating yourself can. Always strive to work hard and be persistent in your writing.
6. “There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you.” – Maya Angelou
Whether you could be writing for pleasure, for a website, or for fans, tell your story. Share your feelings. Get your ideas on paper, then edit and revise until you’re happy with it. Let your writing reflect you and your mind, and let your greatness show.
Share your favorite inspiring quotes with us on Twitter or Facebook.